Friday, October 25, 2013

Little brother: Good or Bad

Little Brother
By: Cory Doctorow
 April 29, 2008
Published by: Tor Books
Genre: Fiction/ Cyberpunk

In the story Little brother Marcus Yallow is a hacker living an ordinary life in San Francisco until he skips school one day and a terrorist attack changes his life forever. Marcus Yallow is in the middle of a terrorist attack and is accused of being part of it and Marcus is tortured and trapped by the DHS (Department of homeland security). After he set free he learns that the DHS has started to blame everybody, Marcus sees that he the only one who can stop the DHS and set everything right and embarks on a mission to stop the DHS.
“A wonderful, important book . . . I’d recommend Little brother over pretty much any book I’ve read this year.” Neil Gaiman tells us on the book cover.
            In Little brother the author really knows how to get you into it and express the character’s personality, just by reading the first couple of pages I could already see that Marcus was smart, and a little cocky. This book really reminds me of Ender’s game because in the book Marcus is really good with hi tech stuff and so is Ender.
           “Skipping school isn’t a crime.It’s a infraction.They’re totally different”(23).
           This book was really good and I recommend it to everybody, it reminded me of 9/11 and I really enjoyed that he made the situation serious and not like a joke and I liked that he made the character’s personality show.
I give this book four paws.
           











No comments:

Post a Comment